Are thinking about buying grill machine? Or you are thinking to replace your old grill machine? I’m sure that many of you love to eat some grill foods or doing the barbecue at home. Or maybe going picnic and having barbecue outdoor.
For you the one that especially love to have barbecue outdoor, you may love to use the portable propane grill. It is something that you can bring anywhere easily and doesn’t need much space to put or store.
Nowadays, an outdoor activity trend is also bring other trend such as having meal and grills something outdoor. And there are tools that specially made for you to have barbecue or grill things outdoor. Nowadays, there are many portable grill machine that sell in the market.
And there are too many kinds, type, and brand of the portable grill machine at the market. I’m sure if you want to buy, you will feel so confuse to decide which one will be suitable for you. So, here we will talk about two different type of portable propane grill that actually coming from same brand.
There are Weber Q200 and Weber Q2000. Weber is known as a great electric and outdoor grill and the related accessories producer. They have been produce many grill machine, and two of them are Weber Q200 and Weber Q2000 that popular among the users.
To reduce your confusions, so we will talk about the two products. We will try to compare the two products, so let’s star!
This products is a great products that known for its simple and practical design. Many users and people says about this products and state that it’s an almost go everywhere portable Grill. As it states that it is an almost go anywhere, it means that this product is extremely practical so you may take this everywhere you want.
For example if you want to do a picnic at the beach, having camp there, so you may take this simple Weber Q200 to the beach without thinking too much about how you will bring that or if it will load on your car. Because you know, it is not that big of size. See also: Coleman Roadtrip LXE vs LXX.
What’s more interesting about these products? As I see the design is that this will suitable in any surfaces, even in the stony surface. Also it is a propane fuel that will make you easier to use when you need this at anytime even when you are outside your home. but first, let’s take a look at the specification:
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grate; push-catch start; flexible burner valve; trickle skillet
- Versatile gas grill with 280-square-inch cooking territory and 12,000-BTU tempered steel burner
- Made of cast aluminum with glass-strengthened nylon outline and a painted completion
- Measures 24-2/7 inches in length by 51-2/5 inches wide by 26 inches high; 5-year restricted guarantee
- 2 collapsing work tables; keeps running on a 14.1-ounce or 16.4-ounce LP chamber (sold independently)
As we see and comprehend the specification, we can say that this Weber Q200 is a compatible portable propane gas that you love to use. But before, here are some cons and pros about this product.
- Large cooking surfaces,
- Adaptable standard 14.1-ounce fuel tank association and effectively changed over to a 20-gallon tank.
- Simple cleaning and strong cast iron grill surface.
- With a huge cooking zone
- It’s a solitary burner grill, so the temperature remains steady over the whole surface.
- At 40 pounds, it’s compact — yet you won’t have any desire to place it in your knapsack.
Okay, let’s move to the next product. It is the brother of the previous portable grill; even the name is quite similar. If the previous product is Weber Q200, this one is Weber Q2000. This product also gets much positive review from the users.
This model is also a portable model that will be easy to bring whenever you want. Just like the Q200, you may take this to your camping site, or even just having barbecue at your rooftop. This type have a quite similar or almost similar design compare to the Q200. So what is the different? To answer that question, let’s take a look at the specification:
- One treated steel burner produces 12,000 BTU-per-hour to warm 280 square-inch absolute cooking zone
- Push-catch start and endless control burner valve settings
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking meshes and cast aluminum cover and body
- Completely amassed out of box. :Measurements – Lid Closed and Tables Out (inches): 14.5H x 51.4W x 19.5D
- Utilizations dispensable 14.1 or 16.4 oz. LP chamber (sold independently)
As we see, that actually the two products are not that different. The size, even the burner is quite similar. The price is also not that different, so I don’t think that the Weber Q200o is just the renamed product from the Q200 that are first released in 2014. Both types are great portable grill to bring, but may be the problem is that the Q200 type will be hard to find in the market.
So, after those discussions, here are the pros and cons of the product:
- Truly Portable
- Simple Cleanup
- Cast Aluminum Body and Lid
- Separate Greats – More Cooking Options
- Limitless Control Burner
- Porcelain-covered Cast Iron Grates
- Electronic Ignition, Easy to Start
- Requires a Solid Table Top or Cart
- No Thermometer
So, it is clear that both products, especially the Weber Q2000 are a portable propane gas that will give you amazing experience. You can take this compatible outdoor cooker and use it while you are in a camp or in the house.
Weber Q200 vs Q2000
So, finally we can say that based on the features and specification it is May that the both type is same product. It seems that the Weber Q2000 is the new version of the Weber Q200. Further, it will be hard to find the Weber Q200 in the market, and they will say that the product is unavailable.